Workpackages of HNVLink
WP1: Assessing baseline situations and needs
The main objective is to create a socio-economic and environmental baseline for each Learning Area (LA). The baseline information will include: institutional and governance setting of the area, biodiversity data, state of environment, relative importance of multidisciplinary/multi actor involvement etc.
- A typology of each LA based on socio-economic and environmental characteristics
- A synthetic output which highlights both the challenges and success factors that need to be addressed in socio-economic and biodiversity sustainability altogether = Atlas - online
- Indicators for future monitoring of socio-economic viability in HNV farming as well as its environmental value
WP2: Learning innovation from grassroots
WP2 focuses on learning about HNV farming innovation at the grassroot level. The partnership will find out what types of innovations and innovation processes are improving the socio-economic viability of HNV farms and communities, and what types of innovation are less successful in this respect.
- Development of adapted innovations (new products, processes, regulatory framework, etc.)
- Reduced costs and increased efficiency of HNV farming systems
- Co-innovation across different institutional levels through enhanced cooperation between different stakeholders
- Innovation Compendium - online
WP3: Communication and Dissemination
Leader: University of Helsinki
The main objective is to raise the impact of the project through promoting the uptake of the project results within and outside the project areas, effectively disseminating project results to groups of the identified stakeholders as well as communicating with a wider audience.
- Construction of a rationale for taking into account the specific needs of HNV systems in the context of innovation so as to help develop other projects to support HNV farming
- HNV-Link project materials are available to open up new innovative pathways for HNV farming
- Promoted awareness in vocational schools and advisory services on HNV concepts, project findings and the need and potential for innovating in HNV systems
- Interactive online maps with innovation examples
WP4: Network coordination and stimulation
WP4 will ensure a coherent coordination of the overall HNV-Link network, while guaranteeing the efficient and dynamic management of networking activities. The objective is to establish multi-actor groups, at the level of each LA, acting as active innovation brokers, able to sustain long-term territorial dynamic on HNV innovation, exchanging best practice and up to date research results. WP4 will also ensure HNV-Link network reflexivity and deepening, through the 3 main Network Meetings (methodological seminar, innovation fair and final conference).
- Active peer-learning within the project networking/partnership during and after the project
- Sustainable and active multi-actor groups focused on innovative HNV farming solutions
- Achieving a common understanding at the EU scale of the issues and challenges facing HNV farming systems in the context of innovation
- Empowerment not only of individuals/HNV holdings, but also of the institutions which impact on the sustainability of HNV farming
WP5: Coordination & Management
The main objective of WP5 is to ensure the overall administrative and financial management of the project. WP5 is an overarching work package designed to ensure the smooth exchange of administrative and financial information and data. WP5 will guarantee that the resources are made available on time to each WP and LA in order for them to implement their tasks as foreseen, and will ensure the communication between the consortium and the European Commission.
- High quality and effective management, allowing meeting project goals and milestones
- Accurate, timely and appropriate record-keeping and reporting of both expenditure and outputs
- Smooth exchanges and coordination of the partners ensure long-lasting links between the consortium partners